Shopping for the perfect toddler gift? There’s a world of options out there, but we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite gifts for toddlers that mingle a little learning with a whole lot of fun. After all, Guion The Lion is all about creating a path for kids to cultivate curiosity, develop compassion, choose kindness and nurture courage.
Whether you're looking for a toddler birthday gift or holiday gift, there's sure to be something on this list to delight the little ones in your life.
Gifts for Toddlers that Cultivate Curiosity
The right toys can cultivate curiosity in children as they explore, play and learn!
- Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog: This cute little hedgehog plays games with toddlers that help them develop their motor control.
- Magic Touch Curiosity Tablet: This wooden “tablet” helps children learn colors, numbers and first words as well as plays more than 150 melodies–all while staying screen-free!
- Kids Selfie Camera: Use this kid-friendly camera to encourage kids to explore and snap photos of the world around them.
- Wooden Puzzles: Puzzle play helps little ones learn to concentrate and solve problems. Kids will love playing with these brightly colored wooden animal puzzles complete with oversized pieces, which are easy for little hands to hold.
- Catch & Count Wooden Fishing Game: This magnetic play set comes with two working rods so little ones can reel in fish while strengthening their matching, sorting, and counting skills.
- Mega Bloks 80-Piece Big Building Bag: Award-winning for a reason, the Mega Bloks Big Building Bag comes with 80 durable, plastic pieces that are ergonomically designed for a toddler's hands to effortlessly snap together for hours of building and rebuilding fun.
- Pretend & Play Teaching Cash Register: Encouraging imaginary play, this cute talking cash register is just the thing for little cashiers to ring up their customers.
- Choppin’ Fun Learning Pot: Put their imaginary cooking skills to the test with this kid-friendly “Instant Pot” toy. The buttons will lead kids through different "recipes," like "rainbow soup," which will have them practicing their colors and counting.
Toddler Gifts that Spark Creativity
The best creative toys for toddlers give them a way to freely express themselves with minimal rules and guidelines.
- My First Toddler Crayons: Get your toddler coloring with these egg-shaped crayons, which are easy for toddlers to grip in the palms of their hands. The set includes three colors, and each one is the equivalent of 14 crayons!
- Crayola® Easy-Clean Fingerpaint Set: A finger-paint set that doesn't result in paint all over the table, the walls and the rug is a win-win. With this set, kids can still use their hands to create art without getting their fingers covered in paint. Then, the whole thing can go in the dishwasher!
- Doodle Board Drawing Tablet: Your toddler can doodle all day long and wherever you go with this Doodle Board Drawing Tablet. The doodle board creates colorful lines of different thickness, based on how hard you push with the stylus, fingers, or any hard object.
- Tabletop Art Easel: Including a dry-erase board and chalkboard, a built-in wooden paper roll holder, a 50-foot-long paper roll, dry-erase marker, 5 pieces of colored chalk, an eraser, and 36 letter and number magnets, this tabletop art easel has everything a toddler needs to hone in their creativity and artistic skills.
Gifts for Toddlers that Promote Musical Learning
Get your kids singing, dancing, making music, and learning with these toddler toys that promote musical learning.
- Piano Play Mat: Toddlers can crawl, stomp, jump and dance all over this oversized piano to make their own music. Plus, the piano can be tuned to sound like seven other instruments, including the saxophone, violin, clarinet, trumpet, banjo, xylophone, and guitar.
- Rock-A-Mole Guitar: This avocado-shaped guitar plays music when a toddler presses the button or spins the pit.
- Mix & Spin Studio Musical Toy: Essentially a toddler-friendly DJ set, toddlers can use all the features of this musical today to play with sounds, use buttons, change the tempo and add sound effects.
- Musical Drumfish: Drum, shake and rattle, kids can explore three different percussion instrument sounds in one with this musical drum fish toy.
- JoJo Siwa Bluetooth Karaoke Machine: Is your toddler ready to rock and sing the day away? Including a real working microphone and a built-in light show, your toddler is sure to love this lightweight and rechargeable karaoke machine.
Toddler Gifts that Encourage Movement
Get your toddlers moving (and burning energy) with these toys that encourage movement and physical activity.
- Activity Walker: From floor play to first steps, this cute activity walker grows alongside your toddler while building their balance skills and confidence in taking steps.
- Bouncy Animal Hopper: With a bouncy animal hopper, toddlers can happily hop, scoot and bump all around the house without scuffing the floor. From unicorns to dinosaurs, these bouncy hoppers come in various animal designs and give kids a reliable way to strengthen muscles and learn how to maintain balance.
- Radio Flyer Scoot About Sport: We all know toddlers love classic ride-on toys. This Radio Flyer Scoot and Sport is easy to steer, has wide-set front wheels for safety, and even has built-in storage under the seat!
- Pop-Up Play Tunnel: Kids love to crawl, chase, and play through tunnels. This sturdy indoor/outdoor tunnel gives toddlers a place to play hide-and-seek, peekaboo, and more all while developing arm and leg muscles and gross motor skills.
- Self-Balancing Toddler Scooter: With a three-wheel design and safe-role wheels, the self-balancing scooter is a great starter-scooter for toddlers. From firetrucks to unicorns, it comes in different designs your kids are sure to love!
Toddler Gifts that Inspire Reading
A children’s book is always a great gift for a toddler, but why not go a step further and give gifts that inspire a lifelong love of reading?
- LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book: Learning new words has never been more fun. Guided by pals Turtle, Tiger and Monkey, kids can broaden their vocabulary by touching the words on the pages to hear them spoken aloud, along with exciting sound effects and fun facts.
- Zingo Sight Words: A perfect gift for pre-readers and young readers, Zingo Sight Words is a bingo-style game developed to help kids with their vocabulary and leading skills.
- Reading Chair: Give toddlers a cozy and personalized spot to curl up for storytime!
- Guion The Lion: Lastly, give toddlers a new book to read! Full of adventures with pirates, dinosaurs and dragons, toddlers are sure to love the story of Guion The Lion and his friends.
About Guion The Lion
Guion The Lion is all about presenting messages of compassion, curiosity and adventure before children begin making their own judgments and assumptions. Through the children’s book, parenting/teaching resources, fun activities and more, kids can learn how appreciating differences, practicing inclusion and embracing new ideas leads to unimaginable fun.
Follow Guion The Lion on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to the Guion The Lion newsletter for more tips and activities for raising kind, compassionate children.